The Department of Infectious Diseases and Pulmonary Medicine of the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin is located at Campus Virchow Klinikum (CVK) and has Station 59, which is specialized in lung and thoracic diseases as well as infectious diseases.
You are here:
With regard to infectious diseases, our focus is particularly on pneumonia, infections caused by immunodeficiency, bone, soft tissue and intestinal infections as well as diseases of returnees.
In lung diseases, the focus is on patients with asthma, chronic bronchitis (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, lung tumors and all forms of rare lung diseases.
In addition, patients with diseases of the pleura are treated.
- anti-infective therapy
- Asthma and allergy diagnostics
- Bronchoscopy (diagnostic and interventional)
- Endobronchial stents
- Endobronchial ultrasound with biopsy (EBUS/TBNA)
- Endoscopic lung volume reduction (valves, coils)
- infection diagnostics
- pulmonary function tests
- lung tumor spread diagnostics
- Pleural effusion diagnostics and therapy
- Pleural drainage, tunnelled (permanent drainage)
- ultrasound diagnostics
The pneumological endoscopy and functional diagnostics departments as well as the university ambulances for infectious and lung diseases and the lung tumour outpatient clinic are located in the same building in the immediate vicinity of the ward.
Please bring along for admission
- hospitalization (issued in the current quarter)
- Health insurance card (and identity card for comparison)
- medication plan
- At the first presentation: all previous findings (doctor's letters, x-rays, laboratory values), if the pre-treatment did not take place at the Charité;