The Medical Clinic with a focus on infectiology and pneumology of the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin is located at Campus Benjamin Franklin (CBF). With the station 2a, it has a station that provides lung diseases to patients with the scope of services of a modern university hospital.
All established diagnostic and therapeutic methods of pneumology are offered.
You are here:
- Occupational lung and respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive, restrictive and infectious pulmonary and respiratory diseases
- lung tumors
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rare lung and pleura diseases
- Preparation and aftercare of lung transplants in cooperation with the German Heart Center Berlin
- Creation of tunneled pleural drains (permanent drainage)
- Asthma and allergy diagnostics
- Diagnostics of lung tumour spread
- Bronchoscopy (diagnostic and interventional)
- Diagnostics and therapy of pleural effusions
- Diagnostic and interventional bronchoscopy
- Echocardiography (with/without contrast medium)
- Endobronchial ultrasound with biopsy (EBUS/TBNA)
- Endoscopic lung volume reduction (valves, coils)
- pulmonary function diagnostics
- Right heart catheter with/without load
- ultrasound diagnostics
- Supply with endobronchial stents
- Special outpatient departments for diagnosis and therapy before or after inpatient stay
In addition, the intensive support of physiotherapists, psychologists and the social service is part of the treatment concept.
We also treat complex illnesses on an interdisciplinary basis in cooperation with other relevant in-house clinics.
Please bring along for admission
- Hospitalization (issued in current quarter)
- Health insurance card (and identity card for comparison)
- medication plan
- At the first presentation: all previous findings (doctor's letters, x-rays, laboratory values), if the pre-treatment did not take place at the Charité;
- daily from 11-20 o'clock
Visits outside these times are possible in consultation with the nursing staff.
We kindly ask you to schedule family discussions with the doctors between 14.00 and 16.00 hours.