Lung tumour outpatient clinic
The Lung Tumour Ambulance of the specialty network: Infectious Diseases and Respiratory Medicine of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin on the Campus Virchow-Klinikum (CVK) is part of the Lung Tumour Centre of the Charité, which is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG).
Under one roof, all participating disciplines are united that are necessary for the optimal diagnosis, treatment and aftercare of patients with tumors of the thorax.
You are here:
The doctors at the lung tumour ambulance advise patients and their relatives individually.
They first arrange the necessary diagnostic examinations in cooperation with specialists from other disciplines at the Charité.
Then they prepare - supported by the weekly lung tumour conference - an individual therapy plan, which should enable the best possible therapy on the basis of the latest scientific standards.
If possible, both the diagnostic examinations and the therapy are carried out on an outpatient basis as far as possible in order to keep the stay in hospital as short as possible.
It goes without saying that the doctors at the pulmonary tumour outpatient clinic will be happy to be prudent contact persons for patients and their relatives in all phases of the disease.
- Detailed consultation and diagnostics (e.g. PET-CT, molecular pathology) for suspected or confirmed lung tumours
- Initial clarification and propagation diagnostics (staging)
- Discussion of the findings at the interdisciplinary tumor conference of the Charité Lung Tumor Center
- Preparation of an individual treatment recommendation in written form
- Planning and implementation of the therapy in close cooperation and coordination with the disciplines involved
- Aftercare and psychosocial support
- Second opinion consultation regarding an existing treatment plan prepared in another facility. Please submit your request centrally to the CCCC Cancer Hotline. The hotline will contact us after receiving your preliminary findings.
- Treatment as part of therapy studies with new drugs
Please bring to the agreed date:
- Letter of referral (issued in current quarter)
- Health insurance card (and identity card for comparison)
- medication plan
- At first presentation: all previous findings (laboratory results, doctor's letters, X-ray and CT images), if the pre-treatment did not take place at the Charité.
In case of emergency:
If the lung tumour outpatient clinic is closed, please contact the emergency services of the Charité in an emergency.