Infectiological Consil Service / Antibiotic Stewardship Counselling and Training
The increase in antibiotic-resistant pathogens and the associated increase in morbidity and mortality is worrying. The Department of Infectious Diseases and Respiratory Medicine of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin has therefore implemented an advisory team and initiated further training on antibiotic stewardship (ABS) in order to reduce the development of resistant pathogens, minimize undesired effects and collateral damage of anti-infectives (e.g. C. difficile infection) and maintain the effectiveness of existing anti-infectives.
You are here:
ABS consulting team
The ABS team at the Charité consists of clinical infectiologists and physicians from other clinical disciplines with an infectiological focus, as well as pharmacists, microbiologists and hospital hygienists. The common goal is the use of rational anti-infective therapy.
Infectious Diseases Consultation Service Charité
The infectious disease consultation service of the Medical Clinic with a focus on infectious diseases and pneumology at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin provides interdisciplinary care for patients with complex infections on the wards of all clinics at Charité upon request.
The focal points of the work are
- Consultation regarding diagnostics and therapy
- Infectious care of patients with complex infections during their stay as inpatients.
- Ensuring outpatient infectiological follow-up care in our special outpatient clinics
- Organization of outpatient parenteral anti-infective therapy (APAT)
- Care of all patients at the Charité with bacteremia caused by S. aureus
- Multidisciplinary care of patients with infective endocarditis Endocarditis team
- Modern individual therapy concepts for patients with infections with multi-resistant pathogens
Infectiological consultation for external colleagues
In cooperation with the Standing Working Group of Competence and Treatment Centers for Diseases Caused by Highly Pathogenic Pathogens (STAKOB), the German Society for Infectiology (DGI) and the Robert Koch Institute (RKI), we offer infectiological consultation for external colleagues.
If you wish to receive advice, please contact us at Tel: +49 30 450 653 666 or e-mail: infektiologie-beratung(at)charite.de.
Likewise, in cooperation with the Clinic for Anesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine, an infectious disease telemedical visit to intensive care units of selected Berlin hospitals is carried out.
- Implementation of the principles of rational anti-infective therapy
- Increasing and securing the quality of anti-infective treatment in terms of selection, dosage, application and duration with the aim of achieving the best clinical treatment results with the lowest possible side effects.
- Favourable influence on resistance, cost and consumption development
- Weekly infectiological visits for anti-infective therapy consultation Charité-wide on intensive and normal wards
- Anti-Infectives-Consile and consultations in all clinics of the Charité (request via SAP: consil Infektiology)
- Care of complex infectious patient cases including Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia, Enterococcus spp. bacteremia, candidemia, etc.
- Care of patients with infectious endocarditis (Endocarditis Team)
- Care of patients with outpatient parenteral anti-infective therapy - OPAT (request for inpatients via SAP: Konsil Infektiologie)
- Antibiotic Stewardship Courses (certified by the German Society for Infectious Diseases)
- Preparation of clinically specific anti-infective guidelines
- Provision and interpretation of anti-infectives consumption data
- Optimization of anti-infectives dosages by clinical pharmacists